default-header

Dr Sears: B vitamins om homocysteine te verlagen

Home Forums Vitamines Dr Sears: B vitamins om homocysteine te verlagen

1 bericht aan het bekijken (van in totaal 1)
  • Auteur
    bert
    Sleutelbeheerder

Dr Al Sears over B vitaminen en homocysteine. Hoog homocysteine is niet alleen een – in diverse studies gebleken – risicofactor voor overlijden aan hartziekten en beroertes, maar is ook een risicofactor voor diverse andere ziekten… bv reuma, lupus (SLE), jicht, depressie, nierziekten, kanker………(te veel) homocysteine verhindert oa ook de verwijding van de bloedvaten.

Dr Sears’ adviseert zijn patienten om hun homocysteine te verlagen met:
    * Vitamin B12 – 500 mcg
    * Folic acid – 800 mcg
    * Vitamin B6 – 25 mg
    * Riboflavin (B2) – 25 mg
    * TMG (Trimethylglycine) – 500 mg

Doel is: verlagen tot onder de 7. (15 eenheden wordt vaak nog als normaal gzien maar dat is te veel).

(elders op het forum is een artikeltje over omega-3 dat ook homocysteine helpt verlagen, beweging (exercise) verlaagt het ook nog een beetje).

Groet, Lisa 🙂

Wie wil lezen wat Dr Sears allemaal vertelt, kan dat hier doen:

Ik zet het artikel ook hier:

B vitamins to the rescue

Dear Health Conscious Reader,

With a simple test I can tell you if you’re likely to have a heart attack or stroke.

I can also give you a remedy to help make sure you never do – no matter how high your risk is…

The test checks for levels of homocysteine. It’s your number one indicator of heart disease.

The big drug makers play down the importance of this critical factor. They haven’t figured out a way to make any money from it, so they try to convince you that it doesn’t matter.

Turns out knowing your homocysteine level is even more useful than we thought. Homocysteine can foretell a host of other diseases as well.

And here’s the good news: It’s easy to keep your level low.

Homocysteine is a naturally occurring amino acid. But too much of it irritates the lining of your blood vessels and prevents them from dilating. This increases your risk of heart attack and stroke.

One study found that levels of homocysteine were dramatically higher in men who died from heart attacks. They discovered that men with high levels were four times more likely to suffer a fatal heart attack than those with lower levels.1

In Norway, doctors studied men with heart disease for six years. Again, they found that those with high levels of homocysteine suffered the highest number of heart attacks. The higher their levels, the lower their chances of surviving.2

But their most startling discovery is that homocysteine levels are your strongest predictor of death. More so than any other measured factor, including cholesterol.

High levels of homocysteine can also alert you to other problems and potential diseases including:

Diseases and Conditions Linked to High Levels of Homocysteine

Kidney Disease
    Psoriasis
    Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
    Hypothyroidism
    Rheumatoid Arthritis
    Gout
    Depression
    Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, (SLE)
    HIV/AIDS
    Cancer

As you can see, many of these conditions don’t have a direct link to heart disease or stroke. Yet my own experience backs up the evidence.

The connection between high homocysteine and an underactive thyroid is also critical. Many times doctors fail to recognize thyroid problems. The result can leave patients with fatigue, migraines, and depression.

The irony is that you can easily manage your homocysteine. A simple blood test will tell you if you have high homocysteine levels. I like to keep my patients’ levels at 7 or below.

I have not had a single case of elevated homocysteine that couldn’t be corrected with the right combination of natural supplements. Here’s what I use with my patients. (Amounts are daily.) You can find these at your local health-food store:

* Vitamin B12 – 500 mcg
    * Folic acid (B9) – 800 mcg
    * Vitamin B6 – 25 mg
    * Riboflavin (B2) – 25 mg
    * TMG (Trimethylglycine) – 500 mg

To Your Good Health,

Al Sears, MD

1 bericht aan het bekijken (van in totaal 1)
Reageer op: Dr Sears: B vitamins om homocysteine te verlagen
Je informatie: