Ik had er nog niet van gehoord, en ik heb het dus nog niet geproefd, maar het klinkt goed :) . Er is dus suiker van kokosbloesem, een natuurlijke suiker met vitaminen, mineralen en een lage glycemische index (35).
Een goed alternatief voor mensen die geraffineerde (onze gewone) suiker willen vervangen of die witte suiker al hadden vervangen voor rietsuiker of agavesiroop of stevia.
De kokossuiker bevat kalium, magnesium, ijzer, zink, en de vitaminen B1 B2 B3 B6 en vitamine C.
Organic Coconut Sugar
This pure and simple cane sugar alternative is naturally low on the Glycemic Index (GI), which has benefits for weight control and improving glucose and lipid levels in people with diabetes (type 1 and type 2).
Coconut Sugar is produced from the sweet juices of tropical coconut palm sugar blossoms. Traditional sugar farmers climb high into the canopy of swaying coconuts and harvest the sweet nectar by gently slicing the flower. Once collected, the nectars are kettle-boiled into a thick caramel and ground to a fine crystal.
Coconut sugar has long been a staple in south East Asian culinary heritage and herbal medicine.
Get started with a healthier sweetener today!
* Coconut Sugar is rated as a GI 35. By comparison, most commercial Honeys are GI 55 and Cane Sugars are GI 68.
* Coconut Sugar has a nutritional content far richer than all other commercially available sweeteners.
* Coconut Sugar is especially high in Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc and Iron and is a natural source of the vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and C.
* Coconut Sugar is a 100% Organic, unprocessed, unfiltered, and unbleached natural sweetener. And contains no preservatives.
* This coconut sugar is produced by smallholder farmers. 100% of the money from growing, harvesting and primary processing of this ingredient stays in the local community.
* Through market access and production training, smallholder sugar tappers have risen well above the poverty line and are able to earn an increase in personal income of close to 200%, while maintaining a competitive market price as a cane s ugar alternative!
* The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the World Bank has reported that palm sweeteners like this coconut sugar are the single most sustainable sweetener in the world!
* Coconut Sugars are not produced from the same palm species as is used for the production of Palm Oil.
* Coconut Palms produce an average of 50-75% more sugar per acre than Sugar Cane and use less than 1/5th the nutrients for that production.
* Tropical palms are an ecologically beneficial tree crop that grows in diverse, wild-life supportive agro-ecosystems, restore damaged soils and require very little water.
* Coconut Palms are considered the “Tree of Life” by many traditional communities throughout the world as they provide over 100 smallholder accessible products from which to make livelihoods. The production of Coconut Sugar has the single highest potential for lifting these farmers into a better life while creating a net benefit to their surrounding environment.
Een Nederlandse vertaling van dit bericht is hier te lezen:
"Hoera voor kokos suiker!"
(een blog over suiker(s) en de suikerwereld).